Open Position: Communications Manager
Vanguard Public Affairs – a leading Lansing, Michigan-based public affairs and strategic communications firm – is seeking a motivated Communications Manager for its growing practice area.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about all facets of traditional and new media and must possess demonstrated experience in project management.
● Writing news releases, social media advisories, blogs, etc.
● Compiling media lists and pitching stories to appropriate outlets
● Developing social media content and measuring online engagement
● Planning, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously within approved timelines
● Working within a team to create interactive work plans
● Assessing project challenges and resolving issues that may arise
● Serving as a liaison between stakeholders to expedite workflow
● Developing and implementing processes for various work functions across the Vanguard team
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field is required
● Strong writing skills
● 1-2 years of project management experience preferred
● Strong understanding of social media (best practices, analytics) and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and others)
● Excellent communication skills, time management and problem solving skills
● A self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
● Ability to work with people at all levels of an organization
● Experience with Sprout Social software
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to TJ Bucholz, President and Managing Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.